Sunday, January 22, 2006

January 21st and still on Bowen....


So here we go. Carla and I are getting the last of our gear in order and are ready to go. For all of you that I haven't been in touch with...probably my fault, Carla and I are backpacking our way around South East Asia for 6 months, and a getting on that plane very, very soon. Personally I think I'm in a slightly greater hurry to get out of here than my other half. I mean, no offense to Bowen but who thought I'd ever be here for 6 months!! I sure didn't.

I do recomend that you all jump on this tiny rock of the West at some point in your travels. The people here are great, so friendly and easy going. We party like we're in high school and dine like millionaires. My stool at the Pub where Carla works (which is also conveniently across the street) is threatening a permanent groove. It's nice to know I can come back in ten years and know nothing will have changed. Well, except all my boys will be grown up and my ladies will probably be married.

So tonight Carla is working and I am getting ready to dance off my lingering hangover at the Burlesque show, where else than at the Pub (and yes its actually called 'the Bowen Pub'). Big John bates and the Voodoo Dolls are aparently quite the show...can't wait! All the cougars will be out tonight...myself included. Actually, I guess I'm really only in training. Although I do get a kick out of how many times I've been at a house party drinking wine and someone is like "How can you drink that stuff?...oh righ you're old" ouch, thanx guys...I'm going back to the Pub and my cougars...

Anyways, I better go slather on my wrinkle cream, and chill a bottle of Finca for the afterparty...I'm gonna miss this place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit I read Balf's comment and had to chuckle to myself - as did everyone who knows the two of you! I'm sure you two will do a great job of only bringing along the essentials........
Have an amazing time, keep in touch, and be safe!
Love, Faye

Anonymous said...

Robin:
sorry I missed your call on Saturday - good to hear your voice. I had laryngitis so would have been a one-sided conversation anyway! If I close my eyes I can imagine the white sand, palm trees and azure waters... I am assuming the tan is lookin' good! and after a weekend of rain were are back in the deep freeze here, with a howling wind! Just to make you feel like you're not missing anything...
This scuba thing sounds like it could be interesting - I might try it in Baja... did Jeff catch his shark? Have you gone norkelling? You may not get many posts since it's not intuitive as to how to do it....
Hugs - Mom

Anonymous said...

Carla and Robin,

Glad to hear your having such a good time. Is the Thai food like the kind you get in a restaurant in Canada? And Robin, what do you mean CURED? Your not supposed to swim ALONE!!!

Dad's friend Johnny Majic has a friend who has bought the franchise rights to Curves in Australia and is planning on opening 5 of them there. He's sure you could stay with them and he may be able give you jobs while you're there. If you're interested let us know around when you're planning on being there and we'll find out more.

Love reading your blog. Keep it coming.