Sunday, January 29, 2006

It's Official, we leave the 31st!!

So, we've finally bought our tickets and will be leaving this fine rainy countryside for another on tuesday at midnight. I am so excited. Now all we have to do is get organized, and get on that plane.

We are flyng AirChina...which looks pretty shwank, 18hour to Taipei and then another 4 to Bangkok. We get there at 4:45pm, which gives us a good amount of tome to find our hostel and have some dinner....perfect.

I'm getting to know the pharmacists and doctors on Bowen pretty well this week as I go back and forth for more pills, shots and meds to make sure we survive this foreign land. It is good that we are prepared, although I think the more research we do on all the strange things we can so easily catch, just makes us more paranoid.

So today I pack up my Bowen bedroom and get ready for anoter night out filled with goodbyes and excited banter. Tomorrow, about 35 of us are renting the water taxi and going to Grandma's Pub for a good meal and a nice sunset cruise. Should be great. So, I will have to save up some energy for that one.