Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March 1st : Our last night in Thailand

Hello all,

So this is our last night in tiny Trat of Thailand. Jade is heading to Phuket tomorrow, and Carla, Damien and I will continue on our journey...i believe Carla gave the details yeaterday. Anyhow, not much going on today. Last night we found ourselves at the night market, where you can buy just about any type of food, cooked or uncooked. And take-out comes in tiny plastic bags puffed with air and twisttied. Its so fun trying to guess what each dish is. I love the carts of fruit that they cut up for you on the spot for 10 B, I am addicted to the pineapple. And the mixed fruit shakes that they blend up on the corner for 20B have been keeping me alive.

We ended up at Peir112 for a drink, hoping to sit on the water and catch a breeze. Met the owner, Ming, so friendly. Took us all to the disco. I don't think I ever saw Jade smile so big. It was great. We kidnapped another couple who were at the restaurant too to come with us. We had a great time. Learned to Dance Thai with the locals to a live music and drank Sangsom and Chang as usual. I think the locals were surprised to see us, but all enjoyed our company in the end.

Today was a lazy day. We ran errands and got ready for tomorrow. Found ourself at Cool Corner, an eclectic cafe for three meals today. One very hard working lady, owns, runs, cooks and takes the orders...the only employee. And the food is great! Tons of variety, and the decor is so inviting. Local art, painted recycled furniture, cozy cushions and fish in a little pond in the middle. Just the kind of place I would like to run....maybe someday, but on the beach.

It just started to rain and so I will have to run back to my stuffy room at the POP Guesthouse. Damien and Jade sprang for aircon, so I'll snuggle in for a while and soak up the luxury. If any of you end up in Trat (ie the middle of nowhere and everywhere), I recomend this place. clean, quiet, and run by the most helpful lady I've met so far.

be good, R

3 comments:

arlene said...

Hi Robin n' Carla! *waves*
Looks like you're having such a great time, I'm jealous. Keep posting the pics so I can travel vicariously through you two!
arlene and the guys

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know Billi and Marcus had a Baby girl and named her Marley.
Sara

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're having such a great time overseas. Traveling is the best! Bring me back a couple kids for my sweat shop.

-Mr. Inappropriate, aka Rosco