Sunday, February 05, 2006

Koh Tao, Thailand

So here I am looking out onto the clear blue ocean that goes for miles in a small hut with nothing but a couple computers. Carla and I arrived in Bangkok late at night, and our saviour JeffA booked us a hostel in the middle of Ko San Ro, backpackers paradise. We got settled and went out on the town right away. Hit a couple bars and had some pad thai for dinner from a street cart. The beer come in littre bottles and is 7.7%...and about 75 cents...I love this place! So cheap! We took a tuk tuk ride with Jeff and Angus to another neighborhood. Almost died on the way. Those drivers are crazy. Did a wheelie in the three wheeled cart, and held on for dear life. They all try to get you with a 5 bhat tuk tuk ride, which ends up touring you to every tailor and factory in town...no thank you!

Took the overnight bus the next day and then ferry to Koh Tao, where we are now. It is soo beautiful here. Just like I imagined. The people are warm and friendly and we are picking up as much of the language as we can...which honestly is not much. Jeff and Carla are starting their PADI course today, and so I will work on my tan....not a bad deal. I tried the scuba thing, and it just didn't happen maybe next month.

We head to a neighboring island Ko Pan Yang in about 5 days maybe for our first full moon party. Should be great. And I promise to get some pics up as soon as I figure out how.

i hope you all get out here some day...it is so worth it.